14 December 2014

Santazilla!

For the past twenty-five some odd years (& some have been very odd indeed!), I have created holiday cards for friends & family to celebrate the season. Although I waiver between atheism & agnosticism, my belief in this most wonderful time of the year & the spirit of giving & sharing therein has never been stronger.
My holiday scribblings started with a skankin' Santa, rockin' to the holiday groove (replete with "Fishbone" tattoo), & have continued unabated up until this year's monstrous offering.
Please feel free to save, send, print, & otherwise share in any way you'd like in the spirit of the season as it were...
 & last year's holidaze missive, an oh-so-funny mashup of 
ol' St. Nick & one of the year's most visionary flicks.



Previous cards have ranged from personal to political to downright ridiculous (I will spare you "Zombie Claus"!), & after the jump, I will share with you some of my favorites (complete with whatever necessary context) starting with Santa occupyin' Wall St. when it was all the rage indeed! 


2011- "Occupy the North Pole!"
2010- "Santa Still Believes (& so should you!)"
'09, in the midst of the healthcare debate...
This one brings the funny...
Performancce anxiety...
This card is from '99 when my lovely bride was pregnant...
You can see mas y mas by clicking on holidaze in the labels section below if you are so inclined (you know you wanna' see the skankin' Santa!)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always love seeing this man at his art table and taking a peek at the brillant works in progress. These cards are so special. For me, they not only capture the holiday spirit and general feeling for the year, but also bring back all the happiness and sometimes anxiety that we personally experienced. Thank you for posting your cards. It was a trip down memory lane. Some of my fav's - lights around a brain, a tatooed and relaxed Santa, striking elves, hope, Santa's fall (good thing for Obsma care), and of course a beautiful stork (love the package he carried). Will be on the look out for Santa on rampage.